Lifetime Learning strive for the fulfilment of employability by providing opportunities to enhance the knowledge and skill set of individuals, within and outside the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We aim to increase an individual’s chances of achieving sustainable employment and to facilitate a wider spectrum of opportunities for individuals in the future.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share and understand our thoughts and views to help us achieve our goals.
We currently need to fill our Voluntary English Tutor in our office in Canary Wharf on a Part time. No previous experience is required.
As a part of our new program, ‘ESOL Project’ we aim to teach English to Tower Hamlets’ residents and equip them with essential English literacy skills. We currently need to fill the English Teacher Position in our office in Canary Wharf. Its a great opportunity for those looking to gain teaching experience.
The role responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Create/update the presentation to deliver English courses
- Create the training materials to deliver English courses
- Deliver engaging English courses
- Provide advice and support to the adult learners
- You may also be asked to work on funded applications.
Ideal candidates for this role will fit the following specifications:
- You must be a native speaker or else have a proven C2 level of English
- Excellent command of English
- Must be passionate about teaching
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma/ Certificate is essential
- Previous experience in teaching multicultural/ multilingual is desirable but not essential
- It is desirable if you hold relevant qualification or studying towards Celta, Delta, PGCE, Cert.TESOL etc.
- Available to start a new role in the coming weeks
- Have a positive and proactive attitude towards helping others with improving & developing their English language skills
- You must be a good communicator and have good listening skills
- Motivated and target driven
- Friendly and approachable
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good PC skills
Unfortunately, only candidates who have been accepted for the initial stages of the process will be contacted.
|Registered Charity Number||1149619|