Job Ref: REF:LTLJAVA04
Registered Charity Number: 1149619
Lifetime Learning strive for the fulfilment of employability by providing opportunities to enhance the knowledge and skill set of individuals, within and outside the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We aim to increase an individual’s chances of achieving sustainable employment and to facilitate a wider spectrum of opportunities for individuals in the future.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share and understand our thoughts and views to help us achieve our goals.
We provide RAISEonline Training and Consultancy has been running for over 10 years providing quality and multifaceted courses in education and training for Early Years, Primary, Secondary, Special, Church and Independent Schools. The successfully creation of a software has been created for School Improvement.
We currently need to fill our Voluntary Java Developer position in our office, in Canary Wharf, on a part time or full time. No previous experience is required. Lunch and travel expenses will be covered.
We are in the progress of making a Statistical web application for School in the UK. Web application was created using Java, all you need to do is finish some functionality and prepare reports.
The programmer should do as much as possible the same work as the employees of the project do according to his or her abilities. The regular meetings between the programmer and the manager should help to find out how to improve and maintain the software. The successful candidate will learn how to act within a multi-professional and multi-cultural team.
The role responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design, develop and debug/troubleshoot the software system
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Create user information solutions and maintain the efficacy of the software
- Identify bugs within the system and devise solution for these problems
- Help in the implementation and maintenance of the java based components and interface
- Provide recommendation in the software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
- Develop new applications that serve the existing software system
- Ensure designs are in compliance with client specifications
- Support the continuous improvement and development of the software through the integration of new technologies
Ideal candidates for this role will fit the following specifications:
- Proficient in java, with a good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of java libraries and the concurrency patterns in java
- Experience with embedded database and creating database schemas
- Skill for writing clean, reusable java code
- Be able to design and develop features and functionality
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good understanding of the software development life cycles
- Some fundamental understanding of web-based system programming and development
- Preferred BSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Interested candidates, please send your CV by email to: email@example.com or fax it to: 0844 504 5813
If you do not hear from us, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we may contact you at a later date should the position become available.
225 Marsh Wall
London, E14 9FW
For directions click here
T: 0207 001 7730
F: 0844 504 58 13