Job Ref: LTLFR09
Registered Charity Number: 1149619
Lifetime Learning strive for the fulfilment of employability by providing opportunities to enhance the knowledge and skill set of individuals, within and outside the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We aim to increase an individual’s chances of achieving sustainable employment and to facilitate a wider spectrum of opportunities for individuals in the future.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share and understand our thoughts and views to help us achieve our goals.
We currently need to fill our Voluntary Bid Writer/ Fundraising Officer position in our office in Canary Wharf on a Part time or Full time basis. No previous experience is required. Travel and lunch expenses are covered.
Benefits: A great opportunity to become a True Volunteer gaining new skills or enhancing current skills. This is an opportunity to make your mark and make a difference.
Main Purpose of Role: To develop funding sources and secure income for core and project funding
- To assist with researching potential donors, trusts, foundations and company prospects
- To identify, research and build funding relationships with small-medium sized trusts and foundations
- To assist with writing and submitting funding proposals/applications
- To assist with sourcing gifts in kind for events and specific projects
- To research new funding opportunities through online sector press and sector websites
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive records on the fundraising database
- To provide general administrative support for the fundraising team where necessary
- To provide on the day support at events as requested
- To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested
- Adhoc Administration
- Good administrative skills and experience
- Knowledge of research and fundraising
- Concern for detail and accuracy, with a professional and efficient approach
- Self motivated and enthusiastic with good communication skills
- Ability to manage information
- Knowledge of the charity sector (desirable)
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and the internet
- Good command of written English
- Enthusiasm and energy
Interested candidates, please send your CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to: 0844 504 5813
If you do not hear from us, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we may contact you at a later date should the position become available.
225 Marsh Wall
London, E14 9FW
T: 0207 001 7730
F: 0844 504 58 13