As oxygen is to life, language is to communication. No one can be more distraught than a person not being able to communicate with others. It is essential to be in command of the language of the area you live in. Statistics reveal nearly a million people living in Britain find it difficult to communicate in English. Tower Hamlets makes it to the top three boroughs with most non-English speakers.
With the intent to radicalize this situation, Lifetime Learning is initiating Free English Course. The aim of the project is to help people struggling with speaking, reading or writing English. We provide comprehensive courses which helps people to enhance and develop English literacy skills.
Aim of the workshop
- Grasp of English language would help you with your daily routine tasks, integrate and participate in the society and boost your career prospects.
- Prevent people from social problems.
- Save your money than spending a fortune on interpreters.
The course will help you to develop your communication skills for everyday situations and help you to live, work and study successfully in the United Kingdom. Areas of study are:
- Reading & Understanding Texts
- Grammar & punctuation
ESOL specialist would conduct the classes with practical, interactive activities for best comprehension of English literacy skills.
- Exercises & Quizzes
- PowerPoint presentations
- YouTube videos
- Flashcards & Visual cues
- Group discussions
Register now and open new gateways to opportunity for yourself.
Who is the workshop for?
- People who struggle to communicate in English. Whether you are enrolled in a local university or a stay at home mum, this course is for you.
- People who want to develop their English literacy skills
- People who need to take English test for Visa/ UK residency
- Asylum seekers
- People who are looking for work but fluency in English obstructs their application process
- Mothers who want to help their children with school work
What will you gain?
The course will enrich participants with essential skills and confidence to participate more fully in their local community. You will be more confident to:
- Deal with public services: talk to doctors & teachers
- Interact with officials & local authority
- Understand and respond to official letters
- Understand UK customs & laws
- Help your children with studies
- Help you and your family be healthier
- Pursue education and find work
- Pass life in the UK test
- Gain UK citizenship
Weekday Course Dates:
- Wednesday 3rd May – Friday 5th May Weekday 6 week course (free)
This beginner/elementary training course will be for 6 weeks starting on Wednesday 3rd May.
The course will run every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for the next 6 weeks.
We highly recommend attending every course date as crucial information for developing your English will not be repeated in other training sessions.
DROP INS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Course Time: 10am – 2pm (4 hour course)
Fee: £5 deposit – click here to pay your deposit
Please note: due to a large number of cancellations, all course bookings will require a £5 deposit, this is a new strategy we are using to ensure delegates attend courses they have booked onto.
Your booking will not be verified without payment of the deposit, meaning, without submitting a deposit you cannot attend the course.
The deposit will be returned once attendance has occurred. Alternatively, you can opt to donate your deposit to the trainer to show appreciation for their efforts as all of our trainers’ work on a voluntary basis.
If you do not attend you will not be entitled to receive the return of this deposit.
You must cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours before the date and time the course is set to commence in order for the deposit returned.
Weekend Course Dates:
This beginner/elementary training course will be for 6 weeks starting on TBC
The course will run every Saturday and Sunday for the next 6 weeks.
Location: 225 Marsh Wall, Angel House, London E14 9FW
T: 0207 001 7730
For directions click here