“As oxygen is to life, language is to communication.”
Lifetime learning is offering FREE English courses. The inability to communicate with others can be frustrating and impact one’s presence in a community. It is essential to be in command of the language of the area you live in to enhance your interaction with others. Statistics reveal nearly a million individuals living in the UK find it difficult to communicate in English and London Borough of Tower Hamlets has one of the highest population of non-English speakers.
Lifetime learning is initiating free English courses to assist individuals in the community to enhance their communication skills, verbal and written. We provide comprehensive courses which support individuals struggling with speaking, reading or writing English.
Who is the workshop for?
- People who struggle to communicate in English. Whether you are enrolled in a local university or a stay at home mum, this course is for you.
- People who want to develop their English literacy skills
- People who need to take an English test for Visa/ UK residency
- Asylum seekers
- People who are looking for work but fluency in English obstructs their application process
- Mothers who want to help their children with school work
The course will help you to develop your communication skills for everyday situations and help you to live, work and study successfully in the United Kingdom. Areas of study are:
- Reading & Understanding Texts
- Grammar & punctuation
Aim of the workshop
- Grasp of English language would help you with your daily routine tasks, integrate and participate in the society and boost your career prospects.
- Prevent people from social problems.
- Save your money than spending a fortune on interpreters.
ESOL specialist would conduct the classes with practical, interactive activities for best comprehension of English literacy skills.
- Exercises & Quizzes
- PowerPoint presentations
- YouTube videos
- Flashcards & Visual cues
- Group discussions
What will you gain?
The course will enrich participants with essential skills and confidence to actively participate in their local community. You will be more confident to:
- Deal with public services: talk to doctors & teachers
- Interact with officials & local authority
- Understand and respond to official letters
- Understand UK customs & laws
- Help your children with studies
- Help you and your family be healthier
- Pursue education and find work
- Pass life in the UK test
- Gain UK citizenship
We highly recommend attending every course date as crucial information for developing your English will not be repeated in other training sessions.
DROP INS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Course Date: TBA
Fee: FREE – £5 refundable deposit – click here to pay your deposit
Please note: due to a large number of cancellations, all course bookings will require a £5 deposit, this is a new strategy we are using to ensure delegates attend courses they have booked onto.
Your booking will not be verified without payment of the deposit, meaning, without submitting a deposit you cannot attend the course.
The deposit will be returned once attendance has occurred. Alternatively, you can opt to donate your deposit to the trainer to show appreciation for their efforts as all of our trainers’ work on a voluntary basis.
If you do not attend you will not be entitled to receive the return of this deposit.
You must cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours before the date and time the course is set to commence in order for the deposit returned.
Location: 225 Marsh Wall, Angel House, London E14 9FW
T: 0207 001 7730
For directions click here