Fastlaners Employability Programme
Fastlaners is a completely free 6 month programme for unemployed 18-25 year olds, consisting of 2 weeks full-time confidence and skills building sessions, followed by 3 months of part-time peer mentoring and support to find and sustain fulfilling employment and a further 3 months ongoing support with job search. Sessions range from 1-2-1 CVs, interview clinics, identifying paths to success, understanding workplace culture, mock assessment centres and roundtable discussions with professional employers.
2 Week Full Time Workshops:
- Confidence building
- Goal Setting; CV / cover letter writing
- Mock interviews with real employers
- Mock assessment centre with corporate Recruiters
- Networking event with job opportunities
- Professional communication
6 Month Job Search Support:
- Personalised support identifying appropriate jobs and regular opportunities emails.
- Assistance applying for roles and mock interviews.
- Application support and feedback.
- Ongoing support once in employment.
3 Months Peer Mentoring from Young Professionals:
- Motivation and confidence boosting.
- Practical support and encouragement to find employment and stay positive.
- Advice once in employment about managing the transition to employment.
- Improved employability skills including: CV creation, interview technique, job hunting support, mock assessment centre experience.
- Long term job support including peer mentoring for 3 months.
- Increased confidence, motivation, networks and skills to find work.
- Access to UpRising’s other leadership programmes for young people.
- Increased understanding of workplace environment, jobs and cultures through immersion in a range of London businesses.
- Unemployed 18 – 25 years old living in any London borough.
- Able to attend two week full time workshops held in central London
- Willing to participate with one-on-one guidance and mentorship for 6 month
- Able to travel around central London.
NEXT PROGRAMME: APRIL 3rd – APRIL 13TH
UpRising will contribute to daily travel expenses.
Online: Complete an expression of interest form, at http://www.uprising.org.uk/apply or phone Emma (07943 632 046) to refer.
Referrals and applications are taken throughout the year on an ongoing basis.
Future Programme Dates
- April 3rd – April 13th 2017
- July 2017
- October 2017
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with the Fastlaners Programme Coordinator: Emma Henly email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07943 632 046.